Homeland Security Consulting
Workplace Violence Prevention
HSC partners with the Center for Personal Protection and Safety (CPPS) to offer a complete solution to organizations building or revising their Workplace Violence Prevention programs. We conduct onsite assessment, plan development, and training following ASIS/ANSI/SHRM national standards.
Tier 1: Builds plans, policies and procedures
Tier 2: Provides Awareness Training to all employees
Tier 3: Provides additional training for managers and supervisors
Tier 4: Delivery of Specialized training for Threat and Crisis Management Teams
Tier 5: Provides training for the Executive Team
The HSC Workplace Violence Prevention (WPV) and Response program is a comprehensive program to address the growing threat of violence in their workplace. We engage security, human resources, senior management and employee assistance to participate in WVP efforts. Our program focuses on developing plans, training, and exercises to reduce organizational risk and manage workplace violence. Areas include recognition of behaviors of concern, reporting, intervention and prevention. HSC provides customized solutions addressing workplace violence that meet current national standards. We also provide guidance on managing domestic violence incidents affecting the workplace.
In addition to preventing physical violence, effective workplace violence programs may prevent disgruntled employees from engaging in pilferage, intellectual property theft and IT breaches.
HSC Workplace Violence Prevention Services Include:
- Review of existing plans for compliance with national standards
- Conducting a risk and threat assessment to address organizational liabilities
- Evaluating current policies, intervention capabilities and training
- Conducting physical security assessments tailored toward reducing workplace violence
- Developing new policies and protocols, including managing armed threat
- Developing comprehensive training solutions, including customized video
- Assisting with implementing new program elements
Visit Homeland Security Consulting Services to learn more about HSC capabilities.